Back pain has different symptoms :
- Pain in the neck
- Shoulder pain (at any time, 3 out of 10 adults suffer from it1)
- Adhesive capsulitis of shoulder, or frozen shoulder (more prevalent among 40-60 year olds, 1 person in 20 suffers from it1)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (2-5/1000 in Europe1, especially 15-35 years)
- Herniated disc (especially among 30-50 year olds, it affects twice more men than women1)
- Sciatica (acute if less than 6 weeks, chronic if over 6 weeks)
Statistics published by the NHS, “Back Pain – NHS Choices” NHS. NHS, 14 Mar. 2011. Web.